PJ's Happenings

Friday, June 12, 2009

On June 1st of this year I woke up realizing my big dream was actually coming true! I had done it, three books, lesson guides, audio books with music, all coming out and going into the book world market.

After breaking my back, working as a former elementary principal, who would have thought I could be so happy again? After that horrible day, September, 2004, all I could see was my career, my title, my identity, was all gone. Over night, everything gone!

I have often heard people say, "I should write a book." I remembered these words as I spiraled into darker, more negative places in my mind. I began to realize I was the only one who could take this dismal diagnosis of "Total Permanent Disability" and turn it into something fruitful. I wanted to keep my passion for children. teachers, education and animals alive. I wanted to continue to give back to the world and not simply sit and vegetate. I wanted to use my imagination and create books kids would enjoy learning from.

I am just now learning to blog. I am not even certain where this blog will go or how to invite people...rest assured I will figure it out somehow.

There have been so many miracles and two of them are the agents I have. Karen Strauss, of Strauss Consultants, New York and Marika Flatt, Texas. these ladies have helped spark hope for my projects. My great hubby, Richard, does so many things he has never done either and together we all make a great team.

I recently returned from New York, where I had several terrific meetings with these ladies and and plans are being put into place and action taken for PR and sales. I feel as if I am living in a dream.

I was told blogs should not become epics and since today's has become one, I shall force myself to stop. I will be adding more and I am looking forward to making many new cyber friends as we figure out how all this happens.

I want to add one more thing. I owe loads of gratitude to J.A. Jance, author of Edge of Evil and Hand of Evil. These two books have taught me loads about blogging. read them they are great mysteries.

Bye for now and happiness and education to you all

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home